20 Long Wedding Hairstyles and Updos from belaya_lyudmila
Wedding hairstyles can be really hard to decide on as there are so many bridal hairstyles to choose from, and you need to think about what wedding hairstyle will suit your wedding dress and veil.
Whether you’re a bride looking for wedding hairstyles for long hair, wedding hair up do inspiration or ideas on how to style short hair for your wedding day, you’ll find plenty of bridal hair inspiration in our ultimate guide to wedding hairstyles…
There are many different styles of wedding updos that you can choose from for your big day. Some popular options include:
The low bun
This classic updo is elegant and timeless, and it works well for both formal and informal weddings. To create a low bun, gather your hair at the nape of your neck and twist it into a loose bun, securing it with bobby pins or hair clips.
To create a low bun for a wedding, follow these steps:
- Start by brushing your hair to remove any tangles. If your hair is naturally curly, you may want to use a straightening iron to smooth out any kinks or frizz.
- Next, gather your hair at the nape of your neck and twist it into a loose bun. You can use your fingers or a comb to help you create the bun.
- Secure the bun with bobby pins, making sure to tuck the ends of your hair under the bun so that they are not visible.
- Once your bun is secure, you can add a decorative hair accessory, such as a flower or a hairpin, to add a touch of elegance to your look.
- Finally, mist your hair with a light-hold hairspray to help keep your updo in place.
It is always a good idea to practice creating a low bun before your wedding day, so that you can perfect the technique and make sure you are comfortable with the style.
The twisted updo
This elegant updo is perfect for brides who want to add a touch of glamour to their wedding day look. To create a twisted updo, begin by gathering your hair into a low ponytail and securing it with a hair tie. Next, twist the ponytail into a loose bun and secure it with bobby pins.
The braided updo
Braids are a great way to add texture and interest to your wedding updo. To create a braided updo, start by dividing your hair into three sections and braid each section. Then, gather the braids together at the back of your head and secure them with bobby pins to create a beautiful, intricate updo.
A braided bun can be a beautiful and elegant choice for a wedding updo, and it can be paired with a variety of different wedding dress styles. Some dress styles that may be particularly well-suited to a braided bun include:
- A-line dresses: A-line dresses have a fitted bodice and a flared skirt, which can create a flattering and feminine silhouette. A braided bun can help to balance out the fullness of the skirt and draw attention to the face and neck.
- Ball gowns: Ball gowns are known for their full, voluminous skirts, and a braided bun can help to add a touch of elegance and sophistication to this classic wedding dress style.
- Mermaid dresses: Mermaid dresses are fitted through the bodice and hips, and they flare out at the knee to create a mermaid-like silhouette. A braided bun can help to show off the elegant curves of this dress style and add a touch of romance to the overall look.
- Sheath dresses: Sheath dresses are a simple and sleek dress style that follows the natural lines of the body. A braided bun can add a touch of interest and texture to a sheath dress, making it a perfect choice for a more modern or minimalist wedding.
Ultimately, the best wedding dress for a braided bun is one that makes you feel confident and beautiful on your big day.
The half-up half-down hairstyle
This versatile hairstyle is perfect for brides who want to show off their beautiful locks on their wedding day. To create a half-up half-down hairstyle, gather the top half of your hair into a ponytail or bun, securing it with bobby pins or a hair tie. Leave the bottom half of your hair loose to add a romantic and ethereal touch to your look.
No matter what style of updo you choose, be sure to work with a stylist who can help you create a look that is both beautiful and comfortable for you to wear on your wedding day.
Wedding Hair Accessories
Wedding Hair Accessories