100 Basketball Puns and Jokes to Make You Laugh
Basketball puns are a slam dunk when it comes to adding a touch of humor to any conversation. These playful plays on words are not only fun but also easy to remember. Whether you’re a die-hard basketball fan or just looking to add some entertainment to your conversation, basketball puns are sure to score big. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best basketball puns and how you can incorporate them into your daily conversations.
What are Basketball Puns?
Basketball puns are word plays that use basketball terminology to create humorous or clever phrases. These puns can be a play on words or a twist on a well-known phrase. For example, “Why did the basketball court get wet? Because the players dribbled all over it!” This pun uses the term “dribble,” which is a basketball move, and applies it to a wet basketball court.
- Dunkin’ Doughnuts – Basketball players dipping their donuts into their favorite beverage.
- Slam Dunk – Basketball players jumping in the air to dip their donuts into their favorite beverage.
- Jump Shot – What a doctor has to do to give tall basketball players an injection.
- Motion offense – Cussing while running.
- Triple double – Multi scoop ice cream on a cone because basketball players are so tall.
- Traveling – When a player brings his suitcase on court.
- Violation – When violas suddenly invade the basketball court.
- Juan on Juan – Two Mexicans playing basketball.
- Moving violation – When violas invade the basketball court and run wild.
- Blocked Shot – When a basketball player avoids getting an injection.
- Dribble – When basketball players drool at a cheerleader.
- Make a basket – What a basketball player made in craft weaving class.
- Hoop for the best – How basketball players wish for something.
- Hula hoops – Hawaiian basketball.
- Hip Hip Hoopray – Basketball cheer.
- Hoopernatural – Spooky game of basketball with ghosts.
- Alley-oops – When a pass goes wrong.
- Basketball possession – When a basketball gets possessed by an evil
spirit and bounces like a football.
- Possession – When a basketball player is controlled by an evil spirit.
- Team Possession – When a basketball team is controlled by an evil spirit.
- Basket Ball – Where basketball players go to dance.
- Basket Ball – Basketball that’s lost its mind.
- Basketbawl – Players and fans crying after losing a game.
- Busk-it-ball Player – Basketball player who moonlights as a street performer.
- Basketbald Player – Basketball player with no hair.
- Bass-ketball – Bass guitarists who play basketball.
- Personal Fowl – Basketball player’s pet chicken.
- Team Fowl – Basketball player’s pet chicken gets adopted by the team.
- Fast Breaks – First meal in the morning for basketball players.
- Out of bounds – A flat basketball with no more bounce.
- Pull back dribble – When a basketball player suddenly realizes he’s
drooling and tries to suck it up.
- Reverse dribble – Like the Pull back dribble.
- Control dribble – The ability to control the length of drool dripping down the chin.
- Between the legs dribble – When a basketball player sits on the bench and drools.
- Behind the back dribble – When a basketball player drools behind a cheerleader as she bends over.
- Air ball – Like air guitar… but for basketball players.
- Hemoglobetrotters – Bloody funny basketball team.
- Dunk driving – Driving under the influence of basketball.
- Offensive foul – When a basketball player cusses at another player.
- Offensive fowl – When a chicken cusses at a basketball player.
- Offensive strategies – Planning how to cuss at other players.
- Sixth man – Basketball player not feeling well.
- Up and down – Bouncing basketball.
- Lebrontosaurus – What you get when you cross a dinosaur with a basketball player.
- Leprawn James – What you get when you cross a shrimp with a basketball player.
- Lebronze James – Very suntanned famous basketball player.
- Volume shooter – Basketball player who makes a loud noise when he throws the ball.
- Trifecta – When you can’t fecta, tritecta.
- Small ball – Basketball that shrunk after it came out of the washing machine.
- Quadruple double – Fancy basketball talk for 8.
- Fifteen footer – 2 basketball players.
- Ball was quarreling with the basket – “Just Hoop do you think you are?”
- The blue whale is so big, that if you laid it end to end on a basketball court…the game would be cancelled.
- I used to be addicted to basketball, but I rebounded.
- Basketball sued tennis for no reason. Now they have to go to court.
- God and Satan arranged a basketball game between Heaven and Hell.
- “I know for a fact we are gonna win,” said God.
- “We have all the best players up here: Magic Johnson, Moses Malone, Kobe Bryant, and so on.”
- “I wouldn’t count on that, God,” said Satan.
- “You see, down here, we have all the referees.”
- Steven Spielberg and John Williams are playing basketball… He shoots, he scores.
- My dad thinks he’s great basketball player. He says, “I’ve been Duncan my whole life!”
- They’re e a team in transition – going from bad to worse.
- I donated my old basketball hoop to a school for the blind. It will be missed.
- I trash talk on the basketball court because my skills are garbage..
- I couldn’t figure out why the basketball kept getting bigger and bigger. Then it hit me.
- There was a Jedi basketball player. His name was Kobe Wan Kenobi.
- The basketball player found himself in court because he shot the ball.
- I’ve never lost a game of basketball. Of course, I’ve never played one either.
- How do basketball players keep cool during a game?They stay close to the fans!
- What is Yao Ming’s own basketball team?Crazy Reach Asians.
- What do an angry bunny and a pro basketball player have in common?Mad hops.
- What’s a pirate’s favorite basketball move?Jump hook.
- Which animal make good basketball players?A score-pion.
- Why did the basketball player go to the bank?His checks were all bouncing.
- What does a basketball player do when he loses his eyesight?Become a referee.
- What is a basketball player’s favorite thing about astronomy?Shooting stars.
- What do you call a basketball game set in Heaven?Sky rim
- Why did the basketball player go to prison?Because he shot the ball!
- What type of cheese shoots hoops?Swish!
- Why don’t people play basketball in the jungle?Because there’s too many cheetahs!
- What’s the difference between time and a pig playing basketball?One always passes the ball, the other always hogs it.
- Why is a basketball court dripping wet after a game?Because basketballs player keep dribbling!
- Why are spiders great at basketball?Because they’re eight-footers
- What does a basketball player with irritable bowel syndrome wear during practice?Gym sharts
- What’s the difference between a dog and a basketball player?One drools and the other dribbles!
- What type of stories do basketball players like to tell?Tall Tales!
- What’s the difference between Basketball and Soccer players?Basketball players get real injuries.
- Why was Cinderella kicked off the basketball team?She kept running away from the ball!
- What do you call a bald headed shark that plays basketball?Shaq
- What do you call a pig who won’t pass the ball?A ball hog!
- What do you do when you see an elephant with a basketball?Get out of the way!
- What did the triangle offense say to the ball?“You’re pointless.”
- Why did Cinderella lousy at basketball?She kept runny away from the ball
- What do basketball referees and chickens have in common?They have foul mouths.
- Why is the basketball arena hot after the game?Because all the fans have left.
- Why are thieves so good at basketball?They can shoot, steal and run.
- Why couldn’t the baby make a basket?He was always dribbling.
- Why do frogs make good basketball players?Because jump shots are easy for them..
- What ball does a cat use to play basketball?Hairball
- Why can’t dinosaurs play basketball?They’re extinct.
How to Use Basketball Puns
Using basketball puns is easy and can be incorporated into your daily conversations effortlessly. You can use them when talking about basketball games or players, or even in general conversations. Here are some ways to use basketball puns:
- When watching a game with friends, use puns to describe a play or a player’s move.
- If you’re talking about a player’s performance, use puns to make light of a mistake or highlight a great play.
- In a work or school setting, use puns to break the ice or add humor to a presentation or conversation.
Can I make up my own basketball puns?
Absolutely! Making up your own basketball puns can be even more fun and personalized. Use your knowledge of the game and the players to create puns that are unique and memorable.
Are there any specific basketball terms I should know to create puns?
Knowing basketball terminology can definitely help you create more puns, but it’s not necessary. You can still use basketball-related words or phrases in a pun even if you don’t know their specific meaning.
Are basketball puns appropriate for all audiences?
Like any form of humor, it’s important to consider your audience before using basketball puns. While they may be appropriate for casual conversations with friends or coworkers, they may not be appropriate for a formal or professional setting.
Can I use basketball puns in writing or social media?
Absolutely! Basketball puns can be used in any form of communication, including writing or social media. Just make sure to consider your audience and tone appropriately.
In conclusion, basketball puns are a fun and lighthearted way to add some humor to your daily conversations. Whether you’re a basketball enthusiast or just looking to spice up your conversations, these puns are sure to bring a smile to anyone’s face. So, the next time you’re watching a basketball game or talking about it with friends, try incorporating some basketball puns and watch the reactions roll in. Remember, a good pun is always a slam dunk!
Comments are closed.