The Best 70 Mother Son Dance Songs For Wedding 2023
Picking out the best mother-son wedding dance songs from the millions of songs on iTunes or Spotify can be a bit overwhelming.
We are here to help you find the best song for you and your mom.
We talked to over 100 couples and DJs and asked them for their favorite mother-son wedding songs for 2022.
“You’ll Be In My Heart” by Phil Collins has been at the top of the list of most popular mother-son wedding dance songs for many generations.
If you need a few quick options, these songs below are the most popular choices for each genre.
1.(Slow) “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
2. (Country) “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry
3. (Upbeat) “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
4. (Pop/Modern) “Sweetest Devotion” by Adele
5. (Rock) “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
6. (R&B) “You are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
Need more? See the full lists by genre below …
Two to three minutes is the ideal length for a mother and son wedding dance. Remember, the parents’ dance should be shorter than the bride and groom’s first dance to keep the focus on the newlyweds during the reception. Tip: After selecting the song, have your DJ trim it to that length ahead of time.
The mother and son wedding dance is a tradition at the wedding reception between the groom and his mother (or grandmother, aunt or any mother figure). It is a special moment to honor the relationship and something she may have been looking forward to since the wedding date was announced.
Traditionally, it is the groom’s responsibility to choose the songs that he and his mother will dance to. The choice of songs and lyrics is a tribute to her and reflects the special relationship they have.
Ask Mom! She is part of this dance and getting her input is absolutely essential. She probably already knows what song she wants to dance to. Think about the love a mother has for her son and the bond and memories between the two.
Ready for the Best Mother-Son Dance Songs?
Slow Mother-Son Dance Songs
Looking for a slow song to dance to? You can’t go wrong with any of these beautiful songs…
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “Summer Wind” by Frank Sinatra
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
- “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “Do I make you proud” by Taylor Hicks
- “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban
- “Hey, Ma” by Bon Iver
- “Time After Time” by Iron and Wine
- “A Mother’s Song” by Daniel Kirkley
- “Here Comes the Sun Again” by M. Ward
- “All My Tomorrows” by Frank Sinatra
Upbeat + Fun Mother-Son Dance Songs
While the most meaningful music for mother-son wedding songs are tear-jerkers, there are definitely some upbeat mother-son dance songs that can fall into this category. The slow dance music that gets people moving and imagining the mother-son relationship while watching the dance is all too familiar. However, if you want to keep the mood positive and relaxed, you need upbeat music so that everyone is happy.
- “You’re My Best Friend” by Queen
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” by Marvin Gaye
- “Home” by Phillip Phillips
- “I Say a Little Prayer” by Aretha Franklin
- “One Love / People Get Ready” by Bob Marley
- “Rainbow Connection” by The Muppets
- “I’ll Always Love My Mama” by The Intruders
- “Count on Me” by Bruno Mars
- “We are Family” by Sister Sledge
Pop/Modern Mother-Son Dance Songs
There are numerous music pieces on the subject of this delightful and sometimes rarely celebrated relationship among mothers and sons. Mother-son wedding songs are many and varied today. Songs of each genre which bring to the forefront all kinds of emotions and express the love that we know exists between a mother and her child.
Below are some of the most popular mother-son songs that have been sung around the world over the years. There are numerous wedding dance songs to play at your wedding; there are more than enough to choose from to find those mother-son songs that can melt any heart and make for a fun and great time.
- “Sweetest Devotion” by Adele
- “Mom” by Meghan Trainor
- “Hey Mama” by Kanye West
- “I’ll Be There” by Mac Miller ft. Phonte
- “Letter to My Mother” by Edwin McCain
- “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
- “Beautiful Boy” by Ben Harper
- “Have I Told You Lately” by Rod Stewart
- “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel
- “Love Of My Life” by Carly Simon
- “Love is a Verb” by John Mayer
- “The One Thing” by Shakira
- “Thank You Mom” by Good Charlotte
- “93 Million Miles” by Jason Mraz
- “Everything” by Matthew John
- “Go On” by Jack Johnson
- “She’s Got a Way” by Billy Joel
- “House of Gold” by 21 Pilots
Rock Mother-Son Dance Songs
The timelessness of classical music makes it an ideal genre for wedding dance songs. If you’re looking for classic tunes for a mother-son song list, look no further. This list of mother-son wedding songs on rock and roll should be something you’ll enjoy and have the potential to create a truly memorable experience. We have pre-selected an array of beautiful classical music for your very special day so that you can have a truly perfect day. Check out these classic rock mother-son dance songs below.
- “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
- “Have I Told You Lately” by Van Morrison
- “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles
- “Thank You For Loving Me” by Bon Jovi
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Mother” by Pink Floyd
- “Wildflowers” by Tom Petty
R&B Mother-Son Dance Songs
- “You are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
- “A Song for Mama” by Boyz II Men
- “Mama Hold My Hand” by Aloe Blacc
- “Stand by Me” by Ben E. King
- “Hero” by Mariah Carey
- “I Got You” by Ciara
- “River,” by Leon Bridges
- “I’ll Be There” by Mac Miller ft. Phonte
Country Mother-Son Dance Songs
The timelessness of classical music makes it the perfect genre for wedding dance. Look no further for classic tunes for a mother-son song list. This list of mother-son wedding songs on rock and roll should make your wedding truly memorable. We’ve pre-selected an array of beautiful classical music for your wedding day so that you can have a truly perfect day. Below are a few classic rock mother-son dance tunes.
- “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry
- “Like My Mother Does” by Lauren Alaina
- “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
- “Mama Said” by Lukas Graham
- “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack
- “Mama’s Song” by Carrie Underwood
- “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “Sweet Child of Mine” by Sheryl Crow
- “Humble and Kind” by Tim McGraw
- “He Gets That From Me” by Reba McEntire
- “Mother” by Sugarland
- “Landslide” by The Chicks
- “Don’t Blink” by Kenny Chesney
- “Never Alone” by Lady and Jim Brickman