140+ Cat Puns That Will Make You Laugh
Cats have taken over the internet and our hearts, and one thing that we can’t get enough of are cat puns. Whether it’s a witty play on words or a clever use of feline-related phrases, cat puns never fail to bring a smile to our faces. They are a great way to inject some humor into everyday conversations, and they can be used in a variety of situations, from casual chats with friends to professional emails at work. In this post, we’ll take a deep dive into the world of cat puns and explore some of the best ones out there.
What are cat puns?
A pun is a form of wordplay that involves using words in a way that exploits their multiple meanings or the sound of the words themselves. Cat puns are simply puns that involve cats or cat-related themes. Some examples of cat puns include “I’m not kitten you, that was hilarious!” or “I’m feline good today, how about you?”.
Why are cat puns so popular?
There’s no denying that cats have a special place in our hearts, and it’s this love for our feline friends that has made cat puns so popular. They allow us to combine our love for cats with our love for humor, and the result is often a hilarious and heartwarming play on words. Additionally, cat puns are versatile and can be used in a variety of settings, making them an easy go-to for anyone looking to lighten the mood.
Best cat puns
From cat birthday puns and cat Valentines puns all the way to Halloween cat puns, Christmas cat puns and even cat food puns, our pet-loving community knows how to come up with cute cat puns and cat pun jokes! And we thought: why not share them with you all? So, here it is, our paw-fect top 55 cat pun list, taken directly from our purr-chives and to be enjoyed at your claw-venience!
- Cats’ favorite day of the week is Cat-urday.
- Feed me right meow!
- Feline fur-end
- Fur real
- Fur-get about it!
- Good meow-ning!
- Happy Caturday!
- Happy Purr-thday!
- Have a mice day
- Hiss and make up
- I knead you
- I loaf you
- I’m a real catterbrain
- I’m feline fine
- I’m feline fine!
- I’m just kitten around!
- I’m a VIP – Very Impawtant Puss
- I’m pro-cat-stinating
- It’s a cat-astrophe!
- It’s meow or never
- It’s paw-ssible!
- I’ve got my thinking cat on
- Just hear meowt
- Let me tell you a tail
- Let’s pawty
- Meow and furever
- My cat is so purr-tty
- My cat’s favorite book is “The Great Cats-by.”
- My cat’s got a great purr-sonality
- Oh, paw-lease!
- Paint my pawtrait
- Pawdon me
- Paws for thought
- Scratch that!
- She’s got cat-itude!
- Simply ap-paw-ling!
- So fur, so good
- Stay paws-itive!
- That cat’s got cattitude
- That was a cat-astrophe.
- That’s just paw-ful
- That’s simply clawful
- That’s claw-fully funny!
- That’s hiss-terical
- The cat’s paw-jymas
- Truly paw-some!
- Wait a meowment
- You’ve cat to be kitten me!
Top Cat Name Puns
Time to name your purr-dy feline? From punny plays on words to top movie cat names, rest assured we have some cat-tasticly funny cat name puns for you!
- Billy Bobtail Thornton
- Bing Clawsby
- Butch Catsidy
- Cat Benatar
- Cat Damon
- Catalie Portman
- Catniss Everdeen
- Cindy Clawford
- Corporal Licks
- Edgar Allen Paw
- Hannibal Lickter
- Harry Pawter
- Inigo Monpawya
- James Pawnd
- Julius Catsar
- Kitty Purry
- Leonardo DiCatrio
- Mad Catter
- Marcus Pawrelius
- Meowly Cyrus
- Notorious C.A.T.
- Paw Dameron
- Paw McCartney
- Santa Claws
- Sir Isaac Mewton
- Tim Purrton
- William Claw-less
- William Shakespaw
Cat Puns in Movies, Songs, and Books
Or do you wanna make a nerdy friend laugh with some cat pun jokes referencing movies, songs, or books? Here’s some ins-paw-ration:
- Caturday Night Fever
- Downtown Tabby
- Good Meowning Vietnam
- Harry Catter and the Paw-cerer’s Stone
- Les Meowserables
- Meowby Dick
- Pawlp Fiction
- Pawrence of Arabia
- Purrcy Jackson
- Purrfect Days
- Purride and Purrejudice
- Romeow & Juliet
- Star Paws
- The Catterpurry Tales
- The Great Catsby
- The Sound of Meowsic
- The Tell-tail Heart
Cute cat puns
Making a card for your kitty’s upcoming birthday, or for someone simply obsessed with the feline world? No worries – here are 10 cute cat puns that’ll be truly purrrfect.
- Happy Purr-thday!
- I love my cat the meowst.
- I think we should get meow-rried someday
- I’ll love my cat fur-ever.
- I’m feline good
- My cat is sopurr-ty
- Purr-haps we can cuddle later
- Wait a meow-ment
- Whisker me away.
- You’re fur-midable
Cat food puns
Did all this pun talk get you feeling peckish? Here are 10 cat food puns you really didn’t need.
- A man attacked me with cream, butter and milk. How dairy.
- A stampede at the dairy farm would result in udder chaos.
- I think I drank some expired milk. I just have a gut feeling.
- My cousin loves milk from Spain. She’s always drinking soy milk.
- What do you call a tuna with a tie? – Sofishticated
- What do you call fraudulent milk? – Cow-nterfeit.
- What do you call half a tuna? A one-a
- What is the difference between a guitar and a fish? – You can’t tuna fish
- Who does a fish call when his piano breaks? – The piano tuna
- Why is it so easy to weigh tuna? – They have their own scales
Funny Cat Puns and Cat Jokes
Looking for cat pun jokes? You’ve come to the right place! These punny punchlines are sure to earn giggles (and/or eye rolls) from even the grumpiest cats.
- What color do cats love the most?Purrple
- What did the cat say after making a joke? “Just kitten!”
- What do cats like to draw?Self pawtraits
- What do you call a cat teacher? A purrfessor
- What is a cat’s favorite historical site? The Egyptian purramids
- What is every cat’s favorite book? The Great Catsby
- What word do millenial cats overuse? Litter-ally
- What’s a cat’s favorite cereal? Mice crispies
- What’s a cat’s favorite sports car? A Furrari
- What’s a cat’s favorite TV show? Claw and Order
- What’s the best medicine for cat allergies? An anti-hisstamine
- What’s the worst kind of cat?A cat-astrophe
- Why did the cat get fined?He was caught littering
- Why did the cats ask for a piano? They wanted to make mewsic
- Why don’t cats like online shopping?They prefer cat-alogues
How to use cat puns in everyday conversation
Using cat puns in everyday conversation can be a great way to inject some humor and lightheartedness into your interactions with others. Here are a few tips on how to use cat puns effectively:
- Know your audience: Not everyone may appreciate a cat pun, so make sure to gauge your audience’s sense of humor before dropping one in a conversation.
- Be natural: Don’t force a cat pun into a conversation if it doesn’t flow naturally. Wait for the right moment to drop it in.
- Mix it up: Don’t rely on the same puns over and over again. Try to come up with new and creative ways to incorporate cats into your wordplay.
- Have fun: Remember, the whole point of using cat puns is to have fun and lighten the mood. Don’t take yourself too seriously and enjoy the silly moments.
What are some other ways to incorporate cats into wordplay besides puns?
There are plenty of other ways to incorporate cats into wordplay, such as using idioms that involve cats, like “the cat’s out of the bag” or “when the cat’s away, the mice will play.” You could also use cat-related phrases, such as “curling up with a good book and a cup of tea is the cat’s meow.”
Are there any situations where using cat puns might not be appropriate?
Yes, there may be situations where using cat puns could be seen as inappropriate or insensitive. For example, if you are discussing a serious topic or giving a professional presentation, using a cat pun could come across as unprofessional or disrespectful.
What if I’m not good at coming up with puns on the spot?
That’s okay! You can always prepare a few puns in advance and have them ready to go. You could even create a list of your favorite cat puns to refer to when the opportunity arises.
In conclusion, cat puns are a hilarious and lighthearted way to inject some humor into everyday conversations. They are versatile and can be used in a variety of settings, but it’s important to be mindful of your audience and the situation. By following some simple dos and don’ts, you can incorporate cat puns into your conversations in a way that is fun and appropriate. So go ahead, embrace your love for cats and let the puns fly!