45 Most Romantic Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
When it comes to finding the perfect wedding hairstyles for long hair, the options are endless. From classic loose waves, curls, updos, bows and more, there are countless ways to style your hair on your big day. We have gathered over 50 beautiful ideas to help you find the perfect hairstyle for your wedding.
When choosing a hairstyle, it’s important to consider several factors such as the style of your dress, any hair accessories you plan to use, whether you will be wearing a veil and most importantly, your own hair’s length, texture, and color.
To ensure that you achieve your dream look, it’s recommended that you consult with your stylist and do a few trial runs before the wedding. Browse our collection of beautiful hairstyles for long hair and get inspired for your special day!
Frequently Asked Questions
When it comes to long hair, the most sought-after bridal hairstyles are those that feature loose waves or long woven curls. These styles exude elegance and romance, and they are perfect for brides who want a classic and timeless look. Other popular choices among brides with long hair include side-swept chignons and half-up hairstyles. These styles are versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the wedding theme and dress. They are also a great option for brides who want to show off their long locks while keeping their hair out of their face.
Choosing a hairstyle for your wedding day ultimately comes down to personal taste, preferences, comfort, and how it complements your overall wedding look. It’s important to try different styles and see what you like best. You can also use hair extensions to achieve a more luxurious look, if desired. It’s recommended to rehearse the hairstyle before the big day, to make sure you are comfortable with the look and it stays in place for the duration of the ceremony and reception.
Before making any major changes to your hair, such as dying or cutting, it’s recommended to schedule a trial with the stylist who will be doing your wedding hair. This will give you an opportunity to see the final look and make any necessary adjustments. When it comes to coloring your hair, it’s best to do it about a week before the wedding to avoid any last-minute issues. It’s also important to make sure your hair is clean and completely dry on the day of the wedding before the stylist arrives. It’s best to wash and dry your hair the night before or in the morning before the stylist comes, to avoid going to bed with damp hair.
Updo Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
Updo hairstyles for long hair are a popular choice for weddings, as they can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any bridal look. There are many different styles to choose from, including classic options such as a bun, chignon, or French twist. These styles are timeless, elegant and perfect for a traditional or formal wedding. For those looking for a more modern or eclectic look, there are also more contemporary styles such as braids, twists, and knots. These styles are perfect for brides who want a more bohemian or relaxed look.
When choosing an updo hairstyle, it is important to consider the overall theme and style of the wedding, as well as the dress and accessories. For example, if the wedding has a vintage or romantic theme, a classic bun or chignon may be a great option. If the wedding has a bohemian or rustic theme, a braided updo or messy bun may be a better choice. Additionally, it is important to consider the shape and style of the dress and accessories, as the hairstyle should complement and balance the overall look.
It is also a good idea to have a trial run with a hairstylist before the wedding day to ensure that the chosen style is the best fit for you. A good hairstylist will be able to work with you to create a style that complements your features, hair type and length. They will also be able to provide advice on how to achieve and maintain the style on the day of the wedding. By having a trial run, you will be able to see and feel how the hairstyle will look and feel on your big day, and make any necessary adjustments.
Half Up Half Down Ideas
Half up half down wedding hairstyles are a popular choice for brides with long hair, as they offer the best of both worlds – the elegance of an updo and the romance of loose, flowing hair.
- One idea is to create a braided crown for a bohemian touch. This style can be achieved by braiding the top section of the hair and securing it with bobby pins, leaving the rest of the hair loose and flowing.
- Another idea is to create a romantic look with loose curls and a floral accessory. This style can be achieved by curling the hair, and then pinning back the top section with a delicate floral accessory, such as a flower crown or a few small flowers woven into the hair.
- A third idea is to add volume and texture to the crown with a bouffant effect. This style can be achieved by backcombing the top section of hair and pinning it back, leaving the rest of the hair loose and flowing.
- A fourth idea is a sleek and chic look by pulling back the hair with a sleek ponytail, leaving a few strands of hair loose to frame the face.
It’s important to consider the overall theme and style of the wedding, as well as the dress and accessories, when choosing a half up half down hairstyle.
Simple Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
Simple wedding hairstyles for long hair can include classic and elegant options such as a sleek low bun, a simple ponytail, or a timeless French twist.
- A sleek low bun is a great option for a classic and elegant look. This style can be achieved by pulling the hair back into a ponytail and then twisting it into a bun. This style works well for straight or slightly wavy hair.
- A simple ponytail is a great option for a relaxed and effortless look. This style can be achieved by pulling the hair back into a ponytail and securing it with an elastic band. This style works well for straight or wavy hair.
- A French twist is a classic and elegant hairstyle that is perfect for a formal or traditional wedding. This style can be achieved by pulling the hair back, twisting it, and then pinning it in place. This style works well for straight or slightly wavy hair.
- Another option is a simple yet elegant half up half down hairstyle, which can be achieved by pulling back the front section of hair and securing it with bobby pins or a hair tie, leaving the rest of the hair loose and flowing.
Long Thin Straight Hair
Long, thin, straight hair can be styled in a variety of ways, but it’s important to keep in mind that the goal is to create volume and movement. Here are a few styling ideas for long, thin, straight hair:
- Adding layers to the hair can create volume and movement. Layers can be added to the hair in a variety of ways, such as a layered cut or by using a razor.
- Using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner can help to add volume to the hair.
- Blow-drying the hair upside down can help to add volume to the roots.
- Curling the hair can create movement and volume. You can use a curling iron or rollers to create loose curls.
- Backcombing the hair at the crown can create volume and height.
- A middle or side part can create volume and movement as well.
- Using a texturizing spray or dry shampoo can create volume and texture.
- Consider hair extensions to add volume and length to your hair.
It’s important to experiment with different styling techniques and products to find what works best for your hair type. A hairstylist can also provide guidance and recommendations on how to style and care for long, thin, straight hair.
Wedding Hairstyles For Long
Wedding hairstyles for long curly hair can be romantic, bohemian, vintage-inspired and more. Styles include loose curls with a floral accessory, braided bun or twisted knot updo, vintage-inspired updo, half up half down hairstyle with volume, high ponytail with tight curls and a side part, or a low bun or chignon with some curls left loose.
Straight Hairstyles For Long Hair
Our hair’s unique diversity and textures make it beautiful. If you have straight hair, you can choose a sleek and glossy hairstyle with a deep center part for a minimalistic and stunning look. If you desire some volume, wedding hairstyles for long straight hair such as a half up half down with multiple layers can be a great option.
Wedding Hairstyles With Bangs For Long Hair
Wedding hairstyles with bangs for long hair can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any bridal look. Here are a few ideas:
- A classic and elegant look can be achieved by styling the hair in loose curls or waves, and adding a set of full or side-swept bangs to frame the face.
- For a bohemian or relaxed look, you can try a messy bun or braid with a set of choppy or textured bangs.
- To achieve a vintage-inspired look, you can style the hair in defined curls or waves, and add a set of vintage-inspired bangs, such as a curtain bang or a finger wave bang.
- A sleek and chic look can be achieved by straightening the hair and adding a set of blunt or side-swept bangs.
- A half up half down hairstyle with a set of full or side-swept bangs can be a great option if you want to show off your bangs.
- A low bun or chignon with a set of full or side-swept bangs can be an elegant and simple hairstyle.
Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair With
If you’re searching for the ideal wedding hairstyles to pair with a veil, a bun is a great option.
- Low Bun with Veil: A low bun with a veil is a traditional and elegant wedding hairstyle. It is appropriate for almost any hairstyle and can be paired with any wedding look.
- High Bun with Veil: For a chic and sophisticated look, a high bun paired with a veil is a great choice. To add a touch of glamour, consider adding sparkling hair accessories to the overall look.
Wedding Hairstyles With A Tiara
There are various options to choose from when it comes to wedding hairstyles for long hair with a tiara. One popular choice is to add volume to the hair with voluminous curls and a braided crown. Another option is to create a soft and romantic Parisian feel with a fishtail braid, full fringe, and a tiara. A slicked-back ponytail, with loose romantic strands and a voluminous crown, is also a great choice for a sleek and sophisticated look.
Wedding Hairstyles With Flowers For Long Hair
When brides want to achieve a gentle and cute look, adding flowers to their hairstyle can be a great option. Wedding hairstyles with flowers for long hair can be both delicate and trendy. Here are a few ideas:
- A textured low side bun is a perfect wedding hairstyle that can be completed with flower accessories. Experiment with different flowers to find the perfect match for your wedding.
- A loose braid with a flower accessory is a great option for a bohemian or rustic wedding look. You can experiment with different flowers to find the perfect match for your wedding bouquet.
- Long braided untamed curls are another braided option, but with a more sophisticated and messy look.
- Waterfall braids with a flower decor can make you look like a goddess. The flower crown can consist of any flowers but take into account your wedding bouquet.
Vintage Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
Vintage weddings have a unique charm and every detail should complement each other. Vintage wedding hairstyles for long hair can vary, here are some popular ideas: A vintage sophisticated low chignon, a chignon with headband, a low wavy ponytail, and a high bun with bangs. A low chignon can be sophisticated and can be paired with accessories for a vintage vibe. A low wavy ponytail can be a good option for those who dislike updos but still want a vintage look. A high bun with bangs is a daring look for a bride. Remember to add accessories to set the right accent, and choose a special curling iron for creating smooth waves.
Wedding Guest Hairstyles For Long Hair
Wedding guest hairstyles for long hair can vary depending on the formality of the wedding and the personal style of the guest. Here are a few ideas:
- A sleek and chic look can be achieved by straightening the hair and styling it in a sleek ponytail or bun. This style can be complemented with a statement hair accessory, such as a hairpin or a hairband.
- A romantic and elegant look can be achieved by styling the hair in loose curls or waves and pinning the hair back into a half-up half-down hairstyle. This style can be complemented with a statement hair accessory, such as a hairpin or a flower.
- A bohemian or relaxed look can be achieved by styling the hair in a loose and messy braid or bun. This style can be complemented with a flower crown or a few small flowers woven into the hair.
- A vintage-inspired look can be achieved by styling the hair in defined curls or waves and pinning the hair back into a vintage-inspired updo, such as a Gibson Tuck or a Victory Roll. This style can be complemented with a vintage-inspired hair accessory, such as a feather or a flower.
- A messy bun with a headband can be a great option for a casual yet put-together look.
Bridesmaid Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
A bridesmaid should complement the bride’s overall look without outshining her on her special day. There are various options for bridesmaid wedding hairstyles for long hair, from classic loose waves partially pulled back, to a sleek and sophisticated high ponytail.
Appreciate more Wedding Hairstyles For Long Hair
[…] the perfect wedding hairstyle can be a challenge with so many options for brides. From updos to braids, wedding hairstyles come in all kinds of variations. That’s why we’ve put together these […]
Comments are closed.