58 Best Father Daughter Dance Songs for Wedding 2023
The father-daughter dance is a touching tribute to your relationship with your dad and can also be a fun expression of your personality. Depending on your wedding-day timeline, the father-daughter dance often takes place in between meal courses or following the wedding couple’s first dance; it can also be combined with the mother-son dance. After the parent dances, have your DJ or bandleader invite guests to join in to kick off the dance party.
Here’s a list of fun, classic, and sweet father-daughter dance songs to help inspire your song choice for your wedding dance with Dad.
Slow Father-Daughter Dance Songs
As a father and daughter, dancing together is really a sweet moment for you both to enjoy. No matter if you’re a father-of-the bride or the daughter of the bride, slow and easy father-daughter dances are the best to slow down the moments between you. Here is a list of songs that will allow you to have perfect moment.
- “A Song for My Daughter” by Ray Allaire
- “Always Be Your Baby” by Natalie Grant
- “Daddy” by Beyoncé
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by Michael Bublé
- “Daughters” by John Mayer
- “Dream” by Priscilla Ahn
- “Forever” by The Beach Boys
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- “Lullaby” by Billy Joel
- “One in a Million” by Larry Graham
- “She’s Leaving Home” by The Beatles
- “To Sir With Love” by Lulu
- “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- “What a Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
- “It Had to Be You” by Ray Charles
- “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Crocker
- “Your Song” by Elton John
- “Gracie” by Ben Folds
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” by Phil Collins
- “You’ve Got a Friend” by James Taylor
- “Daughter” by Loudon Wainwright III
- “Landslide” by Fleetwood Mac
Upbeat Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Some of the best father daughter dance songs are upbeat, giving your daughter the chance to dance and shimmy as he dances with her.
- “Father and Daughter” by Paul Simon
- “My Girl” by The Temptations
- “She’s a Rainbow” by The Rolling Stones
- “Wildflowers” by Tom Petty
- “How Sweet It Is” by James Taylor
- “Come Fly With Me” by Frank Sinatra
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “Sweet Pea” by Amos Lee
- “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison
Country Father-Daughter Dance Songs
Many fathers and daughters enjoy rocking out to a country-style dance tune, which makes this list perfect for the father daughter dance wedding! If you have a country-themed wedding or are looking for songs to share with your father-daughter dance, look no further. This collection of music is guaranteed to get your dance on and have a good time!
- “Don’t Blink” by Kenny Chesney
- “Daddy Dance With Me” by Krystal Keith
- “Daddy’s Hands” by Holly Dunn
- “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton
- “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
- “It Won’t Be Like This for Long” by Darius Rucker
- “My Little Girl” by Tim McGraw
- “Stealing Cinderella” by Chuck Wicks
- “Today I Give My Daughter Away” by Dale Watson & His Lone Stars
- “Wide Open Spaces” by the Dixie Chicks
- “You Are My Sunshine” by Johnny Cash
- “I’ll Be There” by Josh Turner
- “Just Fishin'” by Trace Adkins
- “I’ll Be Your Man” by Zac Brown Band
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” by The Shires
Modern Father-Daughter Dance Songs
For those who prefer modern musical taste to the more sentimental songs of old, have a look at these modern father-daughter dance songs.
- “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth
- “Never Grow Up” by Taylor Swift
- “Like My Father” by Jax
- “EmmyLou” by Vance Joy
- “I Lived” by OneRepublic
- “Ready Set Go” by Billy Ray Cyrus
- “Dance Like Yo Daddy” by Meghan Trainor
- “Moon River” by Frank Ocean
- “Glory” by Jay-Z ft. Blue Ivy
- “How Long Will I Love You” by Ellie Goulding
The father-daughter dance typically occurs during the reception after the meal and toasts. This dance, along with other family dances, is a great way to transition into an open dance floor.
The father-daughter dance is a sweet moment between the bride and her father and symbolizes their appreciation for the love and guidance they received throughout their lives.
Typically the couple shares the first dance right after being announced into the wedding reception. The father-daughter dance happens next followed by the mother-son dance. If you want to space things out, you can also do the parent dances right after dinner.
Choosing the perfect song for the father-daughter dance at a wedding can be a lot of fun. Think of a few songs that remind you of your dad. Or ask your dad if he has a few songs that remind him of you. Once you have your list, listen to the lyrics and pick your favorite.